How to sign up and book a telemedicine consultation online
Note: If you need an urgent clinic appointment, select clinic appointments, and use the online form, or call 749-4444 to make an appointment. This help page is for TeleMedicine Consultations Only.
Helix Healthcare now offer TeleMedicine Consultations to patients via popular video conferencing products commonly used by everyone on their smart phone and desktop computers. To access this service patients need to sign up with us so that we can deliver the service. Sign up is subject to approval by Helix. Once approved you will have direct access to the TeleMedicine booking system and you will be able to book a consultation with your doctor. You only have to sign up once. Thereafter you can log in and access the system as you require.
The sign up process is simple, however we have added some guidance below should you require it.
We look forward to assisting our patients through this new service.
1. If you have already signed up jump to step 4
2. To sign up click sign up/login at top right-hand corner of the page.
3. Complete the form and click the sign up button. Remember your password and keep it in a secure place.
You will receive a confirmation email with a link. Click the link and you have completed the sign up process.
You may now sign in using the email address used to sign up and the password you chose.
If you have forgotten your password, use the forgotten password link on the log in screen
4. Once signed in, click on consultations and appointments on the main menu and select telemedicine consultations
5. Click on your doctor’s name to see the telemedicine services available and then select either Telephone, ZOOM, Skype or WhatsApp as your preferred method of contact. You can select Read More for more information on using your application of choice, or click book now to go straight to the Telemedicine Booking Diary.
6. On the Telemedicine Booking Diary page, you can select weekly or monthly view
7. Select the date for your consultation, and then select the time. Check the information box on the right-hand side of the screen to confirm the details: Method of contact, date and time of the consultation, and doctor. Read our Cancellation Policy and then click Next to continue.
8. Complete the information form as described below.
Check that your telephone number is correct.
If you have selected ZOOM as your chosen contact method, check the box.
If you have chosen WhatsApp or Skype, enter the telephone number of your mobile device, or ,your Skype username.
If you have booked a telephone consultation, enter the number of the telephone you will use for the consultation.
Read, the cancellation policy, check the details in the box on the right-hand side of the screen, and then click confirm consultation button
9. You will receive a confirmation email with the details of your consultation.
ZOOM users will receive a link for the consultation. This will appear at the bottom of the confirmation email. Simply click on this link at the appropriate date and time to begin the consultation.
10. Your doctor will call you at your chosen date and time.
Please note that these instructions may differ slightly on some mobile devices
We trust you will find Helix Healthcare’s telemedicine consultation service
a secure, easy, and convenient way to see your doctor.